Not that I’d know! I’m not married! Sob! JK, kids.
My big to-do of a program this summer is my Diary of a Wimpy Kid party, complete with a photobooth, a craft, prizes, a quiz, and a game. It feels like a mess of work and I really want it to go over well.
Here’s what I’ve been working on:
I’ve been taping copies of this sucker onto marble composition books. The kids can decide what kind of kid they are (I’ll provide a list of adjectives as suggestions) and then can decorate their diaries.
The kids will have at least a couple of chances to win the various prizes I have, but they’ll be able to earn extra raffle tickets if they do well in the following quiz. All of the correct answers are in bold.
(Quiz questions were from my brain and parsed from various other quizzes I found online. The wrong answers are from my own dumb head. Feel free to steal it, as it’s already mostly stolen already).
Diary of a Wimpy Kid Quiz
1. Who is the author of Diary of a Wimpy Kid?
- JK Rowling
- Vladimir Nabokov
- No one knows. It’s a mystery.
- Jeff Kinney
2. At the end of the book, who ate the old, moldy cheese on the basketball court?
- Susan B. Anthony
- Jeff Kinney
3. What was the name of the comic that Rowley made for the school paper?
- Tinkle Bell
- Zoo-Wee Mama
- James Van Der Beek is my Homeboy
- Farts and Laffs
4. Greg says that he will move up one spot in popularity because the kid ahead of him ____________________ .
- Smells like dog buns
- Threw up all over the principal
- is getting his braces next week
- is moving to France
5. What is the only way of defending yourself from getting the cheese touch?
- By crossing your fingers
- Kissing your hand and blowing the kiss up towards the sky
- By shouting “Sing, ‘cause your mama, your mama say! I said, sing, ‘cause your mama, your mama, what?”
- Coating your body in a different kind of cheese, like Gouda
6. What is the name of the book that is for the Easy Group?
- Brave Benny Binkerton
- Bink Says Boo
- Goodnight, Moon
7. What is Greg’s least favorite comic strip?
- Pokemon (because Pikachu looks like a bunny, but he’s a mouse)
- Baby Princess Safari
- Li’l Cutie
8. What author is Greg afraid of?
- Jeff Kinney
- Stephenie Meyer
- Shel Silverstein
- Stephen King
9. Who is the lead singer of Löded Diper?
- Bill Watter
- A monkey in a chicken mask
- The lunch lady
- Susan Lucci
10. What kind of telephone does Greg receive for his birthday?
- A mePhone (an iPhone knockoff made in Canada)
- Ladybug Cellular Telephone
- A flip phone that breaks right away
- A banana tied to a string
BONUS: Greg is on the cover of a medical text book, but which one?
- “What to do when your kid hates you”
- “Your smelly child and you”
- “Your Child and Constipation”
- “Everything you wanted to know about gas, but were afraid to ask”
Between now and the program, I’ll be finishing up photobooth props, turning a yellow beanbag into a stinky cheese, finding some background music, and pulling my hair out.
What’s the most time-consuming program you’ve pulled off?
~Love and Libraries, Ingrid