Behold, the things that I obsess over to keep me from losing my mind.
- Elsie on A Beautiful Mess has been experimenting with a light-sensitive fabric called Inkodye. This seems like an awesome project to do with the kids during the summer. I vaguely remember messing around with a light sensitive paper kit when I was a little kiddo. Now I just have to convince our Friends Group to buy me some.
- Manic Panic Cotton Candy Dye. I’m rocking some right now, right in the front of my hair. I mix it with conditioner so it’s super light, kinda Easter Egg-colored. Ah, the joys of being an urban librarian. No one cares how weird you look. Anyway, I told the toddler kids that I fell onto a strawberry patch. It seems to have satisfied their questions about Miss Ingrid’s freaky hair.
- I have this amazing shirt coming to me from Fab (Fab.com is a deadly addition. Beware!). If you bring Harry Potter and David Bowie together, I am one happy camper.
- All my ribbons from ALA Midwinter. Not as impressive as some other ribbons that cascaded to the floor, but a solid first effort, no? I especially like the, Make It Happen, Party Hard ribbon. It was bestowed upon me at a Dallas bar where I was drinking a PBR like a real Brooklyn jerk. I keep these up on my vision board because they make me really happy. Yeah. I have a vision board. Shut up.
- Perfect story-time dress! I want it so bad!
- One of my (many) supervisors posted this on my Facebook wall, calling it “sappy but relevant.” I just think it’s lovely. It’s a little long, but well worth watching if you need something to make your librarian/book-loving heart leap with joy. Click without hesitation!
- Do you participate in TiLT? Feel free to link to your own Things I Love Thursday in the comments.
~Love, Libraries, and things I Love